Saturday, December 10, 2011
Gift Center, 888 Brannan, San Francisco, CA
Built in 1912 in the heart of SOMA, the Giftcenter first appeared as National Carbon Company plant. Since that time, the building has functioned in a variety of capacities, including a training site for police dogs, and a paper warehouse for the Blake-Moffit-Towne printing and paper company.
Since it's renovation and re-opening in 1983, the Giftcenter's five-story atrium has offered multiple levels for seating. Each level is serviced by both a grand staircase and two glass elevators, which allow guests a spectacular view of the excitement below.
Jerry performed here on 3/22/89.