Designed by architect James Gamble Rogers as an aesthetic extension of his Women’s Quadrangle to the west, and as a complement to the Deering Library. The contractor was the Evanston firm of R. C. Wieboldt Construction Company.
The auditorium was named for civic leader Bertram Cahn, donor, trustee, alumnus (class of 1899), and chairman of the clothier B. Kuppenheimer and Company. He was also the chairman of the Chicago Crime Commission in 1937-1950.(1)
|Bertram Cahn 1955|
Jerry performed here on 3/12/76.